The new M6i integrated amp is designed to give great sonic and technical performance. Its design and build quality are excellent. Internally the M6i is actually a separate preamp with two monobloc power amps. The M6i has one huge mains transformer which gives entirely separate outputs for left and right power amps and preamps. Even though the M6i is a one box solution it's actually a set of discreet monobloc power amps with a separate preamp in one sleek package. Due to its excellent practical linearity, low distortion and excellent load driving ability the M6i can be paired with any loudspeaker. It's extremely quiet so high sensitivity loudspeakers are fine but at the same time it's very powerful so lower sensitivity speakers present no problem. From its exquisite build and future-proof connectivity to its technical excellence and powerful performance, the M6i is a no-compromise integrated amplifier. It may be a single-box design, but the M6i is internally engineered as a separate pre-amplifier with two discreet monobloc power amplifiers. This enables it to deliver a 200 watts-per-channel performance that's exceptional for an integrated amplifier - and which surpasses that of many pre/power amp pairings.The M6i is a highly flexible design, allowing it to be used in a wide range of systems. In addition to four line-level inputs and one balanced connection, there's a USB socket to suit computer-based audio. There's also a home-theatre throughout option, allowing you to seaml
- The M6i's iron grip on low-end frequencies is particularly highlighted in the HiFi+ review, which stated: "the M6i delivers some of the most solid and 'likeable' deep bass notes you'll hear from an integrated". It continues: "Don't mistake this for a strong bass character, though; the amp isn't bass-forward, or anything-forward. It just has a better class of bass than many of its peers."
- Amplifier: Power output: 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (23dBW) ; THD(+ noise): <0.01 % typiclal 20Hz - 20 kHz ; Signal to Noise Ratio: >100dB 'A' - weighted ; Frequency Response: +0, -0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- Inputs: 4x Line Level RCA / Phono ; 1x Line Level XLR Balanced ; USB input USB type "B" (square) socket. General: Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 125 x 400 (15.75" x 4.92" x 15.75") ; Weight (unpacked / packed): 16.6 kg/ 21.3 kg (@47 lbs)
- The front panel is beautifully finished, complete with knobs and buttons machined from solid aluminium and a badge made from medical-grade stainless steel. The amp's heatsinks are fine-line finished, custom-made extrusions ; Inside you'll find a design that separates the pre-amplifier stage from the discreet set of monobloc power amps. The M6i's immense mains transformer has entirely separate outputs for the left and right power amps and preamps ; Connectivity is also exceptional. The pre-amp stage has four single-ended phono inputs and one balanced input. The M6i also sports a USB input for computer connectivity, while a switchable home theatre mode allows easy integration
- Two sets of single-ended phono outputs (one tape, one preamp out) plus a pair of speaker terminals complete the M6i's specification ; The M6i is engineered to drive any pair of speakers with ease. It is a high-power design with low distortion, wide bandwidth and excellent signal-to-noise ratio ; With such technical excellence at its disposal, it's no surprise how impressive the M6i sounds in action. Across all style of music and across the frequency range, performance is both poised and powerful.