Designing and building DACs of astounding quality is nothing new for Musical Fidelity. In fact their first DAC, the Digilog, was launched right after the first digital source (the CD player) became available in the late 1980s. All of the DACs they've built since then have been both highly praised by reviewers and cherished by their owners. The M6 DAC offers simply outstanding performance using the very latest, cutting edge conversion technology. Its flexible input connections allow any music lover to experience a level of emotion and detail in their music that is, so often, unrecoverable. Alongside the traditional AES and SPDIF connections (XLR and Coax/Optical respectively), the M6 features an asynchronous USB input connection suitable for a wide array of computer sources. In addition, the Bluetooth receiver allows many portable music devices to connect and play music too. All of Musical Fidelity's DACs have received praise from audio magazines, from right across the globe. Some have become legendary; most of them are collectors' items. We're confident the M6 will continue this tradition. The M6 employs fully differential balanced DACs in a sophisticated dual mono PCB layout. A fully stabilized, universal precision regulated digital power supply is deployed and results in an extremely quiet electrical supply that allows music to be delivered without distortion or distraction by unwanted mains power artifacts. All inputs are asynchronously re-clocked and upsampled to 192kHz allowing the very highest conversion accuracy without any intrusive digital filtering which so often affects music in digital systems.
- Performance: Jitter: <12 picoseconds peak to peak ; THD(+ noise): <0.0012% 10Hz to 20 kHz ; Frequency Response: +0, -3dB, <2Hz to 90 kHz (192kHz sample rate) ; Signal to Noise ratio: >120dB A"- wtd. ; Channel seperation: >105dB
- DAC: Type: 24 bit Delta-Sigma (bit stream) dual differential 8x over-sampling with asynchronous up sampling on all inputs to 192 kHz ; Digital filter (fast roll off): -3dB @ 0.49 x sampling frequency, ±0.0002dB pass band ripple ; Digital filter (slow roll off): -3dB @ 0.45 x sampling frequency, ±0.001dB pass band ripple
- Inputs: 1x XLR AES balanced digital input 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM) ; 1x RCA coaxial connector SPDIF 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM) ; 1x TOSLINK optical connector 32-96 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM) ; 1x USB type 'B' host connector - 16-24 bits, 32-192 kbps (Determined by source file/computer settings)
- BlueTooth: Bluetooth specification v2.1 + EDR ; aptX 16 bit 44.1 kHz ; Carrier frequency 2.402 to 2.480 GHz ISM band ; Transmission power -2dBm (min) to +2dBm (max) ; Class 2 (up to 30M (90ft) dependant on connected device) ; Receiver IF frequency 1.5 MHz centre frequency ; Antenna socket type RP-SMA ; Antenna input impedance 50 ohms
- Outputs: 1x line level RCA (phono) ; 1x line level RCA (phono)